Re: [exim] Null Message in client MUA

Autor: Chris Meadors
A: exim-users, G W
CC:
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Null Message in client MUA
G W wrote:
> Thanks.
>

>>Exim is an MTA only, and that means it handles transferring the messages for
>>final delivery, not transferring to an end client's mail program.
>

> oic. i just wonder if there' s sth wrong in the process

You said yourself that the null messages were not in the Maildir. That
is where Exim steps out of the process. Once a message is delivered to
the user's mail store (the Maildir in this case) Exim is finished with it.

The rest lies with your POP3 or IMAP server. Another place I'd look is
at the client machine. I've seen some anti-virus software that resides
on the client side intercepting connections to the POP3 server do
strange things including deliver empty messages or just hang.