Re: [exim-dev] Exim documentation: new format: readers wante…

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] Exim documentation: new format: readers wanted
As I kind of expected, there were only a few comments on the "new
format" documentation, though maybe I haven't given people enough time.
Anyway, I have picked up on some (but not all) of the points that were
raised, and improved things just a little bit. If you are still
interested, you might like to look at these files:

http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~ph10/eximdoc/HowItWorks.txt
http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~ph10/eximdoc/AdMarkup.txt
http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~ph10/eximdoc/filter.html
http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~ph10/eximdoc/filter.info
http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~ph10/eximdoc/filter.pdf
http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~ph10/eximdoc/filter.ps.bz2
http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~ph10/eximdoc/filter.txt.bz2
http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~ph10/eximdoc/spec.html.tar.bz2
http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~ph10/eximdoc/spec.info.tar.bz2
http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~ph10/eximdoc/spec.pdf
http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~ph10/eximdoc/spec.ps.bz2
http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~ph10/eximdoc/spec.txt.bz2
http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~ph10/eximdoc/spec.xml.bz2

The first one is a description of how the XML is processed in various
ways in order to produce the final output. The second file describes the
AsciiDoc markup that is used. The final file is the XML source; the
remainder are the various renditions.

Nobody has come shouting "Don't Do It!", so my assumption is that people
are prepared to accept the new documentation renditions. It is somewhat
of a step back as well as a step forward (I have been unable to refrain
from a few mutterings in HowItWorks.txt) but perhaps in the long run we
can improve things.

Unless anybody now shouts "NO" very quickly, I propose to put all the
relevant files into the CVS, and to produce the next edition (4.60,
whenever that arrives - it won't be soon) using the new methodology.
When that is released, I will arrange to be deaf to complaints that
people should have raised at this stage. :-)

Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

Philip