Re: [exim] Client Authentication

Autor: Fred Viles
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Client Authentication
On 8 Jun 2005 at 12:21, John W. Baxter wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Client Authentication":

| On 6/8/05 6:39 AM, "Fred Viles" <fv+exim@???> wrote:
|
| > I don't know what John's problem was (possibly he just didn't enable
| > plain text authentication), but according to the docs it can be made
| > to work.
|
| OK, when I have a free few hours on a weekend, I'll give it another try.

Don't put yourself out on my account! ;)

| Our servers implement PLAIN, LOGIN, and CRAM-MD2 (and SPA, which is likely
| irrelevant, since it comes from Redmond).

Oh, sorry, you said that already. I was thinking of the OP's server
that only advertised PLAIN and LOGIN. Then it's not as simple as
setting the plain text option issue, it would have gone ahead with
CRAM-MD5 in your case.

| It was the combination of the documentation and failure to authenticate that
| led me to believe that Postfix couldn't authenticate with us.

Yeah, the docs are pretty misleading IMHO. Good luck!

- Fred