Re: [exim] Client Authentication

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Client Authentication
On 6/8/05 6:39 AM, "Fred Viles" <fv+exim@???> wrote:

> I don't know what John's problem was (possibly he just didn't enable
> plain text authentication), but according to the docs it can be made
> to work.

OK, when I have a free few hours on a weekend, I'll give it another try.
Our servers implement PLAIN, LOGIN, and CRAM-MD2 (and SPA, which is likely
irrelevant, since it comes from Redmond).

It was the combination of the documentation and failure to authenticate that
led me to believe that Postfix couldn't authenticate with us.

--John