Re: [exim-dev] Exim from mailnull by local "Auto-Submitted: …

Autor: Tim Wilde
A: Tony Marques
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Exim from mailnull by local "Auto-Submitted: auto-generated" bounces keep bouncing
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Tony Marques wrote:

> I hope people here will excuse me if I think Exim is stupid for having
> such an option.

It isn't ignore_bounce_errors_after that's a problem, it's a combination
of ignore_bounce_errors_after and auto_thaw. As others have pointed out,
this is a problem with the way these servers are being configured, not
with Exim itself. The default options (auto_thaw of 0s and
ignore_bounce_errors_after of 10w) are perfectly sane, and will result in
exactly one retry, 10 weeks later, not constant retries.

These are both very sensible options to have, the only problem is someone
configuring them incorrectly, and possibly setting it as a default in a
product that includes Exim. You need to complain to the server admins
and/or whomever is distributing exim configured this way by default, not
here.

Tim Wilde

--
Tim Wilde