Re: [exim] Reducing load vs seeing all the spam

Autor: Edgar Lovecraft
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Reducing load vs seeing all the spam
Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

..[snip]...

> does anyone know how other servers react to being rejected and having
> the connection dropped in the pre-DATA phase?

Can't comment on specific servers but long ago I moved from drop to deny
and removed and delay's that i used to use, I found that doing deny
was not only friendlier to others but also reduced my overall load since
I saw a drastic reduction in the amount of retrying that I was getting
hammered with. Other than the connect acl, I also moved all deny
statements that used to occur before RCPT to the RCPT acl, this too
reduced many retires from other servers that just do not behave
very well untill they get a firm answer to the RCPT or DATA command.

--

--EAL--