Re: [exim] Reducing load vs seeing all the spam

Autor: Daniel Bendersky
A: peter
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Reducing load vs seeing all the spam
Hi, I use similar order on the ACL's and just 2 weeks ago I moved the
RBL checks to the "connect" ACL instead of the "RCPT" ACL. This little
change, speed up my servers and reduce the load from 3 to 0.5

After thinking about it, is obvius that if we filter by IP, i.e. using
RBL, why not filter at the connection time if we just need the IP info
and nothing more? That way we don't do checks that are expensive and not
necesary.

Hope this help you a little.

--
Saludos....

Daniel Bendersky.

Daniel Bendersky              Director de Operaciones y Tecnologia
dbenders@???                          http://www.netline.cl
NETLINE                                  Los Conquistadores # 2426
Oficina   : +56 2 410 2600           Providencia, Santiago - CHILE
Celular   : +56 9 998 9122               Fax2mail : +56 2 410 2651
Voice2mail: +56 2 410 2618
            "Success is a journey, not a destination"