Re: [exim-dev] Talking point - websites, wikis and documenta…

Autor: Sam Michaels
A: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Talking point - websites, wikis and documentation
On 6/3/05, Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???> wrote:
> What format does the PHP documentation start in? Starting a new doc
> format where we cannot import the current set relatively directly is
> going to be a non-starter. We could, in theory, make some mods to the
> generation process - especially as Philip is currently playing with
> that. I guess adding an end pass to PHP wrap the HTML might also be a
> possibility.

I'm not sure what they start in, but they end up as static pages
(similar to what is going on here). Is there a copy of the new XML or
AsciiDoc file of the docs? If Philip can make that available, I can
toy around and see how difficult a setup like this would be.

> If any mirror admins can comment that would be useful.  However I have
> the feeling that something that needs significant scripting to maintain
> it will be either:-
>       * dropped (ie we will just lose all the mirrors - is that a bad
>         thing?)
>       * continually out of date

That's what I get for brainstorming late at night :(

The database uses the SQLite routines instead of MySQL or Postgres
since it doesn't require a separate RDBMS process. To the mirrors,
it's just another file to download in the directory tree....no
scripts, no nothing. Just rsync.