Re: [exim] Exim 4.51, SA, error while creating mbox spool fi…

Autor: John Horne
A: Exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim 4.51, SA, error while creating mbox spool file
On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 13:05 +0100, John Horne wrote:

> Well I've just had to stop our recently upgraded mailhub because no mail
> was getting through! :-) The server is running Exim 4.51 and
> spamassassin 3.0.3 under Fedora core 3.
>
> Our main.log was showing numerous errors of:
>
>   2005-06-03 12:20:13 1DeACL-0004Ao-Dr acl_smtp_mime: error while
>    creating mboxspool file, message temporarily rejected.

Well sorry but after a bit of testing this seems to be a bug! It's 5pm
on a Friday so I'm going to put this into the exim bugzilla with
whatever info I have left. I've been running some tests with exim in
debug mode and some print statements in the source, and there's
something weird happening due to a small part of my configure file.

I've currently got mail going through the mailhub as a lower preference
mx record, but so far have had no leftover directories. When I did this
earlier today I ended up with 200 of them within a few minutes!

I had:

  SPECIAL_RBLS = nomail.rhsbl.sorbs.net/$sender_address_domain : \
                 sbl.spamhaus.org/<|${lookup dnsdb {>|a=<|\
                                    ${lookup dnsdb {>|mxh=\
                                    $sender_address_domain}}} }

  acl_data:
        warn    condition = ${if eq {$acl_c1} {} }
                dnslists = SPECIAL_RBLS
                log_message = LOGGING: Site is special RBL listed:\
                                         $dnslist_domain

Commenting out the 'sbl' bit in SPECIAL_RBLS prevented the problem from
occurring :-)

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839