Re: [exim] Problem with ACL variable

Autor: Richard.Hall
A: Phil Endecott
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Problem with ACL variable
Phil,

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Phil Endecott wrote:

> Dear Exim Experts,
>
> I'm trying to selectively invoke SpamAssassin from Exim based on the
> recipient address, but it doesn't seem to be working - all messages are
> being filtered. I suspect that the problem is in my Exim ACL stuff
> where I am using an ACL variable. Can anyone spot what I am doing wrong?

For once, yes.

[...]
> acl_check_rcpt:
>    # Run for each recipient

>    warn set acl_m0 = 1
>         recipients = +filter_recipients
>         message = Spammy address, using filter

Swap the order - ACLs are evaluated in order, only as far as necessary,
so you want

   warn recipients = +filter_recipients
        set acl_m0 = 1
        message = Spammy address, using filter

That way, if the recipient doesn't match, the variable doesn't get set.

HTH,
Richard