Steven Wayne's obnoxious auto-responder (was Re: [exim] UNSE…

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Steven Wayne's obnoxious auto-responder (was Re: [exim] UNSEEN option)
Sorry for posting this to the list, but I have no other way of
contacting Steven without buying him something.

Steven, please disable your obnoxious auto-responder. If you wish to
avoid being CC'd on messages to the exim list, the correct way to do so
was pointed out quite clearly by Tony last week[0].

[0]
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20050523/msg00159.html

IMO, this is just as bad as, if not worse than, a challenge-response
system, previously discussed ad-nauseum on this list at [1], and in
particular, Nigel's position at [2] is quite instructive.

[1]
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20050321/msg00031.html
[2]
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20050321/msg00123.html

- Marc

The obnoxious auto-response in question follows below: