Re: [exim] Message size checks on spam ACLs

Author: Michael Haardt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Message size checks on spam ACLs
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 02:53:37PM +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> If we do want to do this AFAICS it has to be done within exim since SA
> cannot do that for us right now (since we bypass the bit that could do
> it for us).

Actually, spamd itself could ignore the message content after a certain
limit. That way it could still check MIME encoding, but did not have
to store the entire content. I don't see at all why that function was
implemented in the client instead of the server.

That plus a sensible limit which messages not to pass to SA should do
the job - no modification in Exim required.

Michael