Re: [exim] UNSEEN option

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: Steven Wayne
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] UNSEEN option
Steven Wayne wrote:

> Yes it does, I've just tested it.
> if $message_headers: contains "steven@???"
> then
>     unseen save $home/Maildir/crud/
>     save $home/Maildir/
> endif

> I ended up with two copies of an email I was bcc'd to.

$message_headers will include _all_ the headers, so it will also trigger
on a message from the target address, or a message between two unrelated
parties with the target address in the subject.

Before you try to refine your solution to only check $h_to, $h_cc, and
$h_bcc, please read RFC 2822 section 3.6.3. Sending servers are allowed
to strip the BCC header completely from the message before sending it,
even to BCC'd recipients. In general, the only reliable way to do what
the OP is requesting is to filter on the actual recipients (ie, RCPT
TO:), and completely ignore the message headers.

- Marc