Re: [exim-dev] Python patch

Author: Philip Hazel
To: David Wilson
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Python patch
On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, David Wilson wrote:

> Some time ago I wrote a patch to embed Python within Exim. The patch and its
> associated documentation can be found here:
>
>    http://botanicus.net/dw/exim-python.php

> Seeing as I will be disappearing to south east Asia for quite a long time at
> the end of this year, I am currently trying to shed the various bits of free
> software I have made available over the years.
>
> Which brings me to my question: what sort of reception would I receive if I
> were to propose reformatting the patch and documentation to conform with
> Exim's standards, and requesting a merge?

I would certainly look at it positively. In fact, I'm somewhat surprised
that nobody has done that before, given that there are a lot of Python
users out there. But perhaps not too many people actually want to embed
scripting into an MTA. I don't think very many people use the Perl
embedding, for instance.

> My personal feeling is that after a little work on my part to reformat/merge
> the code and documentation, an upstream merge would be fairly trivial.

Go ahead, and send me or the list the patches. I can't promise to look
at it on any particular timescale, however,

Philip