[exim-dev] Python patch

Author: David Wilson
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Python patch
Greetings,

Some time ago I wrote a patch to embed Python within Exim. The patch and
its associated documentation can be found here:

    http://botanicus.net/dw/exim-python.php

Seeing as I will be disappearing to south east Asia for quite a long
time at the end of this year, I am currently trying to shed the various
bits of free software I have made available over the years.

Which brings me to my question: what sort of reception would I receive
if I were to propose reformatting the patch and documentation to conform
with Exim's standards, and requesting a merge?

I would like to shed this little patch in such a way as to ensure that
any existing users still have support if they need it. For reference, I
have only received a small number of mails regarding it over the last
year or so.

From a technical perspective, the patch tries to mirror/complement the
existing Perl functionality as closely as possible. The documentation
includes a little more advice than the Perl support provides, but that
is the only real difference.

My personal feeling is that after a little work on my part to
reformat/merge the code and documentation, an upstream merge would be
fairly trivial.

Thanks,

David.