Re: [exim] tls-on-connect with cyrus_sasl

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] tls-on-connect with cyrus_sasl
On 6/1/05 8:43 AM, "Mark Edwards" <mark@???> wrote:

> Right, but this wouldn't work for Outlook Express, because it will only
> try 465 after failing on port 25 if it is configured to not use a
> specific port. If you configure it for a specific port, it tries that
> port, and gives up if it fails. Which means I need to give specific
> information for broken old software, which is a PITA. Certainly not
> exim's fault though.

And it also thinks that for any port other than 25, SSL means the old SSL on
connect. So if you have a mix of Microsoft clients and sensible ones, you
pretty much need to support both SSL on connect on 465, and STARTTLS on 587.
Assuming you want clients to do SSL.

--John