Re: [exim] manualroute and queueing

Autor: Mark Edwards
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] manualroute and queueing
On Jun 1, 2005, at 5:16 PM, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Looking back at this, there is something not right. Under a normal
> configuration, Exim should not start sending a message until after it
> has accepted it *and told the client so*. Sending delays should not
> affect the receiving in any way, unless you have set the "mua_wrapper"
> option, which specifically asks for this behaviour.

Well, that would be the behavior I would expect, but I can tell you
that it takes significantly longer when I have smart routing enabled.
I wonder if the client I use (OSX Mail) is mis-behaving. Is there any
difference in the transaction to the client if smart routing is turned
on versus otherwise?

Here is my smart router configuration:

smart_route:
driver = manualroute
domains = !+local_domains
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * smtp.sbcglobal.net

And the remote_smtp transport is pretty standard:

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp

I know it doesn't seem right, I agree, but simply adding the smart
router adds a significant delay on the client end. I have observed
this directly. Is there something else to adding a smart router?

Thanks!

--
Mark Edwards
mark@???