[exim] exim restricted outgoing email

Autor: Silvano Malaguti
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] exim restricted outgoing email
hi,

I have found in the exim user the post listed above that is right for my use, I
have tried to put the ACL directives everywere in the ACL section, but they don't
work it is like if not there were, you could help me please ?
Best Regards

Silvano Malaguti

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Jim Barber wrote:

> I am using Exim v3.35 as supplied in the stable version of Debian (woody).

Exim 3 is no longer supported. This kind of problem is much easier to
solve in Exim 4. You should upgrade.

> There is a list of local users that are only allowed to send email to other
> internal users.
> However, the exception is that they will be able to send email to certain
> external email addresses.
> Likewise, these internal users can only recieve emails from other internal
> users, and the specified list of external email addresses.

# define the following list of restricted users' email addresses in the
# main part of your configuration file

address_list restricted_users = ....

# and this list of external addresses that they are allowed to send to

address_list unrestricted_addresses = ....

# in the ACLs put clauses like the following:

  deny
    message  = You are restricted from sending email to this address
    senders = +restricted_users
  ! domains = +local_domains
  ! recipients = +unrestricted_addresses

  deny
    message = Restricted users are not allowed to recieve email from you
    recipients = +restricted_users
  ! sender_domains = +local_domains
  ! senders = +unrestricted_addresses

Tony.