Re: [exim] maildir file creation mode depending on who the r…

Autor: Michael Sprague
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] maildir file creation mode depending on who the recipient is?
gary ng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if there is a simple way to setup exim4
> such that I can have the mail message created with
> different mode, depending on the recipient.
>
> The reason I want this is that I am using the courier
> imap and the maildir format. It has a shared folder
> features.
>
> Currently exim4 is setup to deliver in mod 0600 which
> is right as only the owner should have access to it.
> But for some shared mail accounts(say sales,
> accounting, help), I would like to have it written as
> 0640 such that anyone within the allowed group can
> also read it.

I have never personally implemented shared mailboxes before, but
couldn't this issue be solved by having multiple routers? One router
for individual delivery (mode 0600) and another for shared delivery
(mode 0640)?

thanks,
mikeS

--
Michael F. Sprague   |  mfs@???
Partner              |  System and Network Engineering (SaNE), Inc