[exim] Help needed on hosts_require_tls

Author: Matthias Menk
To: Exim-users
CC:
Subject: [exim] Help needed on hosts_require_tls
Hello list,

I'm experience a real challenge here and ask for you kind help.

I have two transports:

remote_ssl_smtp:
driver = smtp
hosts_require_tls = *

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp

As well as routers that decide if remote_ssl_smtp or remote_smtp are
used for delivery (matching a header).
The problem is that if someone sets the header to just allow delivery
over TLS and the corresponding host doesn't support TLS I get an
error "a TLS session is required for XXXX, but the server did not offer
TLS support". Which is fine so far. BUT as soon as someone then wants to
send a mail NOT using TLS, the host is still waiting for the next retry.

Question: Is there any way to configure the retry rule per transport?
Like having one retry rule for remote_ssl_smtp and one for remote_ssl?
Is there any way I can prevent the blocking of the destination without
setting it's retry time to zero?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks