Re: [exim] Using IMAP folders as quarantine

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Using IMAP folders as quarantine
On 22 May 2005 at 16:21, Craig Jackson wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Using IMAP folders as qu":

| check the mail because I retained Maildir_format. Now, what if I started
| a second Exim process for only sending out mail through a manual route
| and made its queue one of the IMAP folders, e.g.
| /path/to/Maildir/.queue/cur. If I dragged and dropped the batched emails
| _one at a time_ into that folder, would the second Exim process pick up
| the email and send it on without a hitch?

No. Exim's queue (aka spool) does not (and could not) use maildir
format. I guess you could write your own daemon to check for
messages in that folder and write them to exim's spool in the
appropriate format. See Chapter 52, "Format of spool files", if you
want to try that.

- Fred