Re: [exim] Return temporary error after DATA but store mail?

Author: Michael Haardt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Return temporary error after DATA but store mail?
On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 11:45:48AM +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> Try this untested patch.

Cool, thanks! I had to hack it a little, because long lines were truncated
somehow and I don't have rate limits in there yet, but other than that,
it works great. How about comitting it to the official sources?

For the curious: I put an otherwise fresh and unknown machine for
a couple seconds in the backup MX record, and hours after doing so,
I still get spam from all over the world.

Unfortunately, a few legitimate mails also arrive. My primary MX checks
headers for valid recipients, thus sometimes temparily rejecting mail
due to broken name servers. Of course the sending host tries the backup
MX afterwards.

Michael