[exim] OK, what am I doing wrong.

Author: Jaye Mathisen
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] OK, what am I doing wrong.

Still getting my feet wet with exim. My mail server is "cpanel" based, so I'm monkeying
with their config trying to get a DNSBL working. The fragment in question was sent to
me by my hosting provider.

I added the 3 lines between the #<<< below (about 20 lines down or so), but
as I watch the log, IP's that I have verified are listed in bl.spamcop.net
seem to still be getting through.

(I need to start writing a qmail to exim faq... Heh...)

My check_recipient: is:

check_recipient:
# Exim 3 had no checking on -bs messages, so for compatibility
# we accept if the source is local SMTP (i.e. not over TCP/IP).
# We do this by testing for an empty sending host field.
accept hosts = :

  # Accept bounces to lists even if callbacks or other checks would fail
  warn     message      = X-WhitelistedRCPT-nohdrfromcallback: Yes
           condition    = \
           ${if and {{match{$local_part}{(.*)-bounces\+.*}} \
                     {exists {/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/${lc:$1}/config.pck}}} \
                {yes}{no}}

  accept   condition    = \
           ${if and {{match{$local_part}{(.*)-bounces\+.*}} \
                     {exists {/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/${lc:$1}/config.pck}}} \
                {yes}{no}}

  # Accept bounces to lists even if callbacks or other checks would fail
  warn     message      = X-WhitelistedRCPT-nohdrfromcallback: Yes
           condition    = \
           ${if and {{match{$local_part}{(.*)-bounces\+.*}} \
                     {exists {/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/${lc:$1}_${lc:$domain}/config.pck}}} \
                {yes}{no}}

  accept   condition    = \
           ${if and {{match{$local_part}{(.*)-bounces\+.*}} \
                     {exists {/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/${lc:$1}_${lc:$domain}/config.pck}}} \
                {yes}{no}}

  #if it gets here it isn't mailman
#<<<
  drop dnslists =  bl.spamcop.net
       message = your mail server $sender_host_address is in a black list \
              at $dnslist_domain ($dnslist_text)
#<<<

#sender verifications are required for all messages that are not sent to lists

require verify = sender
accept domains = +local_domains
endpass

#recipient verifications are required for all messages that are not sent to the local machine
#this was done at multiple users requests

message = "The recipient cannot be verified. Please check all recipients of this message to verify they are valid."
verify = recipient

accept domains = +relay_domains

  warn  message = ${perl{popbeforesmtpwarn}{$sender_host_name}}
        hosts = +relay_hosts
  accept  hosts = +relay_hosts

  warn  message = ${perl{popbeforesmtpwarn}{$sender_host_address}}
        condition = ${perl{checkrelayhost}{$sender_host_address}}
  accept  condition = ${perl{checkrelayhost}{$sender_host_address}}

  accept  hosts = +auth_relay_hosts
          endpass
          message = $sender_fullhost is currently not permitted to \
                        relay through this server. Perhaps you \
                        have not logged into the pop/imap server in the \
                        last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication turned on in your email client.
          authenticated = *