Re: [exim] Unrouteable to default mailbox

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Unrouteable to default mailbox
marc.kalberer@??? wrote:
> Hello,
> I set up exim on my server. It managed a couple of "normal user", but I
> used to communicate many other different addresses (ex: sale@dom, joke
> @dom, friend@dom etc .... ) because I set up my old system to redirect
> unknown user to a specific mailbox.
> So: My question is it possible to redirect all unrouteable mail to a
> specific mailbox ?
> Thanks in advance ;-)
> Marc

This is a little more than a simple example, but it's what I use on my
servers. The dsearch could easily be replaced with a lsearch of a file, I just
found this easier.
In this example, if a file exists that matches the domain (ie example.com)
then it redirects any mail that made it to this rotuer to
catchall@???, which you can direct anywhere you want in the alias file
or just setup a local user called catchall to accept it.

# This is the last router.
catchall:
driver = redirect
domains = dsearch;/etc/exim/catchalladdress
data = catchall@$domain
cannot_route_message = Unknown user

Ted.