Re: [exim] MUA stats (was: Header error message)

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] MUA stats (was: Header error message)
On 19 May 2005 at 14:29, Marc Sherman wrote about
    "Re: [exim] MUA stats (was: Header e":

| Fred Viles wrote:
| >
| > Interesting question. The answer appears to be Mutt.
| >
| > I've got 2124 posts saved ATM, in which there are 368 unique
| > poster+MUA combinations (based on User-agent: and X-Mailer: headers,
| > ignoring versions):
| [snip]
|
| Are you saving everything sent to the mailing list, or are you selecting
| for cluefulness/interest?

Good point. Selected over the last 16 months, based on hard-to-
describe and probably inconsistent criteria.

| If the latter, I'd expect to see the Outlook
| clients get a bump if you checked the raw archives.

Maybe, but I'd guess not too much. My sample may be selective, but
I'd think it's large enough to be fairly representative once
duplicates are eliminated.

| BTW, the raw archives appear to be available at
| http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-*.txt.gz

Indeed, that would have been a better source of raw data. Maybe
someone else would like to take a crack with it? ;)

- Fred