Re: [exim] authenticate * not work

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim
Subject: Re: [exim] authenticate * not work
Matt Fretwell wrote:

..[snip]...

> Edgar Lovecraft wrote:
>
> > > BZZZZZT! Not a Cisco firewall with SMTP fixup running? That will get
> > > in the way. It's very broken. Turn it off.
> >
> > Only as a side note, not to bring bout discussion....
> > Cisco released the PIX IOS version 7.x this year. One of the new >
> features is that they upgraded the SMTP fixup to support ESMTP as > well
> as SMTP, so we may not be able to say that anymore ;)
>
> You can always spot an eternal optimist a mile off :)

LOL, not really, but what this means now is that we will most likely
need to start distinquishing between PIX software versions when the
SMTP Fixup problems are thought to be in the way, much like we had
to start doing with MS Exchange and the ability to refuse non-existant
users during RCPT time.

So 20 years down the road...
"If you have PIX software version < 7.0...." :)

--

--EAL--