Re: [exim] Re: spamassassin message abandoned bug

Author: Ian FREISLICH
To: will
CC: exim-users, jeffrey, jeff
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: spamassassin message abandoned bug
"will+sherwoodphoto.com@???" wrote:
> btw, there is a 100% correlation to turning on and turning off spamassassi=
> to getting these error messages=2E
> We've been dealing with this since at least last October and spotted
> occurrences prior=2E

Then, I have a patch that might solve the issue, but potentially
only partially. If the sender is impatient then it will not help,
but if the problem is long scan times and timeouts on the SA side
of things, then it might help. I haven't had a chance yet to run
it in a large scale in the wild yet though.

I've already submitted the patch to Tom Kistner to fix the SA timeout
issue, but I've not heard anything yet. You can find it in the
archives. If my memory serves me correctly the thead was "exiscan
and spamd interraction".

If you run linux, you'll probably these extra CFLAGS -D_XOPEN_SOURCE
-D_BSD_SOURCE, if you run FreeBSD, it will just compile as is. Go
figure.

If you can't find it, let me know and I'll send it to you tomorrow
when I get to work.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich