Re: [exim] Exim big plans

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Michael da Silva Pereira
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim big plans
On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 09:49 +0200, Michael da Silva Pereira wrote:
> 1.) Exim will save all mails to a SNAP server over the net using NFS.
> 2.) Exim is going to use a SQL server for authetication.
> 3.) Qpopper works with the SQL server for auth and will be hosted on a
> different server. (problem is no imap support :(

The combination of 1 & 3 sound like bad news to me. Even though locking
mostly works on NFS nowadays I would not put mbox format mailboxes
(implied by qpopper) onto NFS.

I'd strongly suggest using Maildir format and a matching pop/imap server
- I currently use dovecot, have previously used courier. Both of those
will happily use SQL authentication.

[Why is qpopper still popular? - its never been all that good]

    Nigel.