Re: [exim] Lost connection during delay

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Florian Weimer
CC: exim-users, Sam Michaels
Subject: Re: [exim] Lost connection during delay
On Wed, 11 May 2005, Florian Weimer wrote:

> As far as I know, it's not possible to detect connection termination
> without reading data from the socket. Exim would have to copy the
> data to some user-space buffer.

Thank you. That is what I had deduced. Copying the data is (a) a big new
piece of code that I don't think worth thinking about for just this
feature, and (b) probably not going to be possible for a TLS connection
anyway, where the reading is done by the OpenSSL or GnuTLS library.

I think we are stuck with the current state. I will put a comment into
the code.