Re: [exim] Lost connection during delay

Author: Sam Michaels
To: exim-users
CC: ph10
Subject: Re: [exim] Lost connection during delay
On 5/6/05, Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
> Exim implements "delay = 5m" in the most trivial possible way. It waits
> for 5 minutes. :-) I am not sure how easy it is to code "wait for 5
> minutes or until the connection goes away". It is straightforward to
> code the opposite, i.e. "wait for 5 minutes or until some data arrives
> on the connection", which is the more common requirement, of course.

Perhaps an EXPERIMENTAL_ option to send null packets at an interval
after a specified time period? If the connection doesn't exist, won't
the null packets fail?

delay_timeout = 1m,30s

...where the first argument is the amount of time that has to pass in
a delay statement for a timeout routine to become active and the
second argument is the interval where it carries out the timeout
routine.

I'm assuming sending null packets is not platform specific ;)

Sam