[exim] 1st post - total novice ! - Config advice - Use of rb…

Autor: Phil \(Medway Hosting\)
A: Exim Users List
Assumpte: [exim] 1st post - total novice ! - Config advice - Use of rbls to block dynamic IPs but not block customers
Hi All

I have had a look in the archives and have found related info but not a conclusive answer.

Please bear in mind that I literally only saw an Exim config file for the first time today !

I wish to configure the new server to use the following blacklists:

combined.njabl.org
sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
list.dsbl.org
dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net

however I do not want this to stop home customers on dynamic IPs from sending mail. When I asked the datacentre where I rent the server from about this, they had this to say:

The configuration we do on the server do not have a feature that will check the local "sender" address before checking the condition for rbl blocklists. So, I am afraid this would not function automatically. However, we can setup a whitelist where you can add all those domains that needs to be whitelisted. This way rbl blocklist can be overridden for those local accounts that use dynamic Ips.

The server runs as a pop-before-smtp, so ideally I would like the server to check the mail has been received from a legitimate authorised user prior to checking the blacklists.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Phil

Website Hosting from only £5.00 per month.
www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965

Digital & Traditional Printing, and much more
www.medwayprint.com - +44 (0)1634 281199