Re: [exim] New to exim

Author: Matthew Newton
To: Blake Baxter
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] New to exim
On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 10:51:49AM +1000, Blake Baxter wrote:
> I basically just want to forward the mail to another user on the same
> mail server. So say I reside on that box and my address is
> blakeb@???. When the mail server receives it, I want blakeb to
> receive the mail, but I also want the mail then forwarded on to
> johnk@??? - johnk is a user that resides on the same mail
> server..

OK, so you don't really want to forward it (in which case blakeb would
not receive it), but really distribute or copy it.

> I tried:
>
> blakeb: johnk
> in
> /etc/aliases

Try

blakeb: blakeb,johnk

instead. Mail to blakeb should then be delivered to both blakeb and
johnk. Yes, it looks like a loop... don't worry, exim will sort that out
for you.

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton <mcn4@???>

UNIX and e-mail Systems Administrator, Network Support Section,
Computer Centre, University of Leicester,
Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom