Re: [exim] New to exim

Author: Matthew Newton
To: Blake Baxter
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] New to exim
On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 05:02:58PM +1000, Blake Baxter wrote:
> I've just loaded exim4 on my Debian box and have confgiured a simple
> MTA, now I'm just looking to forward some emails to other email
> addresses. Can someone just point me in the right direction?

I guess you probably want to edit /etc/aliases and add lines there, if
you're just using the standard Debian setup. If your machine receives
e-mail for example.co.uk, then adding the line:

matthew: someone@???

will redirect mail to matthew@??? on to someone@???.

You could also put:

matthew2: matthew

which would redirect matthew2@??? to matthew@???
(which in this scenario would then send off to someone@???).

Hope that helps.

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton <mcn4@???>

UNIX and e-mail Systems Administrator, Network Support Section,
Computer Centre, University of Leicester,
Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom