Re: [exim] Sender verify failed

Author: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sender verify failed
On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 03:16:21PM +0100, Doug said:
> Hiya all,
>
> We currently use callouts to verify mail is good. However it seems
> that some mail servers out there are not responding to callouts (non
> RFC compliant? ). Whatever the reason, this mail is actually good and
> we need to receive it.
>
> Has anyone come across this kind of problem before and what methods do
> you guys use? We currently have a list of IPs that we accept relay
> from regardless, and we currently have to add each 'problem' host each
> time one pops up.
>
> Clear as mud huh, any takers tho?

I exempt hosts in dsn.rfc-ignorant from callouts, and when I run across
a domain with a broken mailserver like this, I report them to
rfc-ignorant and then inform the postmaster of the domain that I have
done so, and include a link to rfc-ignorant's site. After that, it's up
to them if they want to be decent netizens or not.
|  Stephen Gran                  | "... the Mayo Clinic, named after its   |
|  steve@???             | founder, Dr. Ted Clinic ..."   -- Dave  |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Barry                                   |