[exim] Re: 4xx for mail-abuse.org rbl

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: 4xx for mail-abuse.org rbl
At 11:10 am +0200 2005/05/03, Angel Marin wrote:

>>>Why don't you use the statements given in the
>>>default configuration file? No need to
>>>reinvent the wheel.

[...]
>>because i want a different msg for each type of list causing the
>>reject so i can
>>     grep 'reject mail from' /var/spool/exim/log/main \
>>          | awk '{print $12}' \
>>     | sort \
>>     | uniq -c

>>at the end of the day and add to my nightly exim stats report
>
>Then you can avoid multiple deny statements (and
>get the same sort of aggregation) with something
>like:
>
># Reject messages from senders listed in these DNSBLs
>deny message  = reject mail listed at $dnslist_domain
>      dnslists = dialups.mail-abuse.org : blackholes.mail-abuse.org

besides, he should distinguish between what he
logs and the error message returned. As it is
these messages are extremely unhelpful to the
remote administrator. The one previously proposed
by Patrick

deny    message       = rejected because $sender_host_address is \
                          in  a black list at \
                          $dnslist_domain\n$dnslist_text

is much better.
He can write the short message in log_message.

Giuliano