[exim] Re: 4xx for mail-abuse.org rbl

Author: Angel Marin
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: 4xx for mail-abuse.org rbl
Randy Bush escribió:
>>>  # Reject messages from senders listed in these DNSBLs
>>>  deny    message       = reject mail from dialup
>>>          dnslists      = dialups.mail-abuse.org
>>>  # Reject messages from senders listed in these DNSBLs
>>>  deny    message       = reject mail from rbl blackholed sites
>>>          dnslists      = blackholes.mail-abuse.org
>>>  o there is likely something simpler and more commonly done.  and
>>>    i dislike being off the beaten track for no good reason.  so
>>>    apply clue bat, please

>>Why don't you use the statements given in the default configuration
>>file? No need to reinvent the wheel.
>># deny    message       = rejected because $sender_host_address is \
>>#                         in  a black list at \
>>#                         $dnslist_domain\n$dnslist_text
>>#         dnslists      = black.list.example

> because i want a different msg for each type of list causing the
> reject so i can
>
>     grep 'reject mail from' /var/spool/exim/log/main \
>          | awk '{print $12}' \
>      | sort \
>      | uniq -c

> at the end of the day and add to my nightly exim stats report

Then you can avoid multiple deny statements (and get the same sort of
aggregation) with something like:

# Reject messages from senders listed in these DNSBLs
deny message  = reject mail listed at $dnslist_domain
      dnslists = dialups.mail-abuse.org : blackholes.mail-abuse.org

For more info:
<http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_39.html#SECT39.21>

Regards,
--