Re: [exim] Sporadic "Unroutable main domain" error

Author: Ludwig Meyerhoff
Subject: Re: [exim] Sporadic "Unroutable main domain" error
Hallo!

I apologize for some mails comeing twice, but I often forget to switch
the sender's address ...

Well, here are some example domains ...
hanser.de
gemline.com.tr
mmsship.com.tr
aceralialargos.com
digicom.bg

Here is the resolv.conf (192.168.1.10 is the server itself, do not
remember why I changed from localhost):
srv:/tmp# cat /etc/resolv.conf
search antar.de
nameserver 192.168.1.10
nameserver 194.25.2.129
nameserver 117.237.151.33

The forwarders-section of my BIND configuration is:
         forwarders {
           213.191.74.18;
           213.191.74.19;
           212.108.160.1;
          };

I had a look at older logfiles, the problem was already in february
(older logfiles archived), but noone noticed!
A deeper look in the mainlog results in many many incoming mails before
these errors, many local deliveries but no outgoing delivery.

As it were not the forwarders and it is not the reloading of the Bind
(12 minutes difference), the problem can be in a "deeper" configuration
of exim.

Could it be the 3000 mails in the spool (/var/spool/exim/input has 6000
files, one data and one header) - eximstats tells about 98.9% of the
emails remain under 1 min in the queue and 99.4% under 1h - just about
90 stay more.

Saluti!

Ludwig