Re: [exim] $run limitation ?

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] $run limitation ?
On 4/23/2005 6:14, "Steffen Heil" <lists@???> wrote:

> Are there any limitations on what I can do with ${run ...} ?
> I am calling pyzor from within and it does not work, while it works when
> being called with the same command outside of exim.

Well, the environment variables may be surprising to your code, as may be
the fact that unless you explicitly call through a shell, the shell didn't
call it. It's probably having to do without supplementary groups it might
expect to be in.

Since you don't show us how you call it, answers are likely to be
content-free, as the above paragraph was.

We tend to use the socket interface (listened to by Python code) instead of
run. That way your code has a lot more choice in what it can do, and we
aren't spending the overhead of firing up the code every time.

--John