Re: [exim] greylisting issue

Author: Daniel Watts
To: Craig Jackson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] greylisting issue

Craig Jackson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Exim 4.50 and greylisting for an email gateway. I receive
> an email not in the database; Exim sends the 451; and the vast
> majority of mail servers resend. It's the few mail servers that I need
> to receive mail from that don't resend that I'm concerned about. For
> example, Southwest Airlines does not always resend. This is a big
> problem. I'm wondering what people on this list who use greylisting do
> about this. Would it be better to send 450, for example? I've tried
> whitelisting, but that's ex post and thus kind of useless.
>
> Thanks,
> Craig Jackson

Sorry - obviously that is only a solution to larger organisations like
Southwest. For small companies you're a bit stuck.
What could be good perhaps would be to have it so that for every
rejected email to you, an email is sent the first time to the final
recipient who replies "allow once" "allow" "reject".
Kind of a reverse TMDA.

this might require some sort of storage of the original email though so
that once an allow is received the message is forwarded.
Complications with mail storage though.