Re: [exim] [Fwd: Exim 4.50 on Mac OSX 10.2.8 (French version…

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Yves Pouplard
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [Fwd: Exim 4.50 on Mac OSX 10.2.8 (French version)]
At 3:01 pm +0100 2005/04/18, Yves Pouplard wrote:
>Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

[...]
>>there is no need to use any darwinports/fink/vattelapesca to compile exim.
>>Presumably that binary has been compiled on a dirty system.
>>libcrypto is in /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib.
>>Also, there is not such a thing as French, or any other language,
>>version for MacOSX. It's just a system setting.
>
>On Mac OSX 10.2.8, the only available lib is libcrypto.0.9.dylib,
>which is a 0.9.0 version. Can anyone send me the 0.9.7 version, even
>from OSX 10.3? I have been told that it might work on 10.2.8, but I
>have no friend with OSX here -- Mac OSX is quite rare in West
>Africa, by the way :-(

sorry, didn't know you were talking of 10.2.8. Have you got the dev
tools installed? If yes then forget the binaries and compile it, I
can send you a copy of a typical Makefile, or, if you really ask
kindly, I might install the 10.2 SDK and compile it for you. But you
should tell me what options you want. I think I once compiled 4.50 on
10.2.8, just before that server disk gave up the ghost.

Giuliano