Re: [exim] [Fwd: Exim 4.50 on Mac OSX 10.2.8 (French version…

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Ian Eiloart, exim-users, Yves Pouplard
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] [Fwd: Exim 4.50 on Mac OSX 10.2.8 (French version)]
At 9:46 am +0100 2005/04/18, Ian Eiloart wrote:
>--On April 17, 2005 08:41:53 +0100 Tony Finch <dot@???> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Yves Pouplard wrote:
>>>
>>>I would like to install EXIM 4.50 on my computer at home, but it seems I
>>>lack at least one library, named "libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib" :-)
>>
>>Did you compile Exim yourself or did you obtain a binary package from
>>somewhere? If the latter you should probably discard the package and
>>recompile Exim yourself.
>
>Alternatively, try Darwinports for Exim. The current port is 4.42,
>but should be relatively easy to update to 4.50. Darwinports will
>build all the dependencies for you. I've used Darwinports for my
>Exim installations, and will (eventually) get around to updating to
>4.50.

there is no need to use any darwinports/fink/vattelapesca to compile exim.
Presumably that binary has been compiled on a dirty system. libcrypto
is in /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib.
Also, there is not such a thing as French, or any other language,
version for MacOSX. It's just a system setting.

If anyone needs directions to compile on MacOSX (not that there is
much to it) just ask.

Giuliano