Re: [exim] Help with Smarthost config using Yahoo

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Help with Smarthost config using Yahoo
On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:31:27 -0000, "Ron Vargo"
<ronaldvargo@???> wrote:
>### CONFDIR/passwd.client
>#
># Format:
>#targetmailserver.example:login:password
>smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com:myyahooid:myyahoopassword
>#
># default entry:
>### *:bar:foo

Sorry for my earlier mail. I have just realized that you might be a
victim of Debian bug #244724, which catches if the smarthost name is
actually a CNAME, which is the case for smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com.

In these cases, it is the actual hostname which you need to enter in
CONFDIR/passwd.client. Given the current setup of the CNAME, you need
to use smtp-sbc-v1.mail.vip.sc5.yahoo.com as a host name.

We (Debian) really need to do something about this bug. Sorry about
that.

Greetings
Marc