RE: [exim] Exim acl issue - removing additional recpient add…

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] Exim acl issue - removing additional recpient addresse s
Bjurstrom, Eric wrote:

..[snip]...

> A little more background on the issue so you understand what I am aiming
> at: We have addresses that go back to a ticketing system. In order to
> cut down on multiple identical tickets being opened because people are
> sending to more than one ticket mail address, I have been asked that for
> the "address1" ticket address, I eliminate all other email addresses
> other than "address1" if it is present.

..[snip]...

So just use a router that looks at a custom header that
you add during the DATA or RCPT acl when 'address1' is given during the
RCPT command(s), u can keep track of that with m0's or just search the
$recipients string during the DATA acl.

warn X-RCPTs: $recipients or warn X-ADDRESS1-GIVEN: $recipients
(I think you can get the idea)

Then during routing, just look for the special header and either
forward the message only to address1 or deliver address1 like normal
and /dev/null all the rest.

This is really going to be the easiest and most straight forward of
things to do I believe.

--

--EAL--