Re: [exim] Please help!

Autor: Brian Candler
A: Alexander V Alekseev
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Please help!
On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 10:35:37PM +0400, Alexander V Alekseev wrote:
>                 Hello!

>         Exim 4.50 .

>         Is there a way not to send internal Exim errors
> in bounce
> messages? Even hidden data is sent back to sender ;-((
>         For example, if some database lookup fails in
> router or
> transport configuration, full lookup text, including
> hidden data
> is send back to sender.
>         I failed to find answer in spec. ;-((

Can you give a more concrete example?

If the error message is being handed back in SMTP: i.e. something like
550-Failed to expand ${foo}: database down
550 Message is undeliverable

then you need to change your ACL to hide this information: you can set

    message = Unable to route

on the relevant ACL entry, or try

    require  control = no_multiline_response

at the start, which according to the doc does two things:

|  (1)  Extra information that is normally output as part of a rejection       |
|       caused by sender verification failure is omitted. Only the final line  |
|       (typically 'sender verification failed') is sent.                      |
|                                                                              |
|  (2)  If a "message" modifier supplies a multiline response, only the first  |
|       line is output.                                                        |

If you are generating child addresses, and you don't want those child
addresses to be shown, then:

my_transport:
..
hide_child_in_errmsg

Finally, if it's a pipe transport, then turn off "return_output" and
"return_fail_output".

Otherwise, I can only guess at what your problem exactly looks like.

Brian.