RE: [exim] Re: FQDN needed in HELO (was: Sender callouts)

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] Re: FQDN needed in HELO (was: Sender callouts)
Mark Smith wrote:

..[snip]...

> > Subject: Re: [exim] Re: FQDN needed in HELO (was: Sender callouts) >
> > so, what my friend's winxp config may actually lack is a
> > workgroup name?
> >
> > randy
> >
> IIRC Win XP requires a workgroup name by default, so I doubt that's the
> problem. The workgroup doesn't get included in the HELO in any case.
> There's no "Network" in my Control Panel either.

There are lots of ways to do this...

1. 'right click' "My Computer" choose 'Properties'
    select the 'Computer Name' tab and click the 'Change' button
    in the text field labled 'Computer Name:' enter the desired
        hostname for the computer
    click the 'More' button
    in the text field labled 'Primary DNS suffix of this compter'
        enter the desired domain for the computer
2. Control Panel -> Network Connections -> Advanced ->
    Network Identification, then do most of 1
3. Control Panel -> Network Connections -> 'right click' a particular
    network adapter and choose 'Properties' -> TCP/IP properties ->
        Advanced -> DNS -> define the DNS suffix for this connection
4. Use the registry editor and manually edit the TCP/IP settings,
    hostname, and DNS suffix (not recomended by the way)
5. My Network Places -> right click 'Properties'

I am sure there are a few other ways that do not include the cmd line
or the Win32 scripting host, but I can't think of more right now.

--

--EAL--