Re: [exim] Re: FQDN needed in HELO (was: Sender callouts)

Author: Randy Bush
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: FQDN needed in HELO (was: Sender callouts)
>>> Control Panel/System/Computer Name/Change
>> nope. will not allow dots in the computer's name :-(
> settings - control panel - network, right click on your network adapter
> (ethernet, wireless etc) and look at the properties there

no such animal as 'network' in control panel, only 'network
connections' and 'network setup wizard'. if i go to Network
Connections, pick either the wireless or the gige device, right
click on it, select properties, and wander through the menus and
tabs, nothing wants to let me set hostname or workgroup.

> allows you to set a hostname, and then a workgroup - that'd be the
> approximate equivalent of a domain name in that outlook qualifies the
> computer's hostname as netbiosname.workgroupname.com

so, what my friend's winxp config may actually lack is a workgroup
name?

randy