Re: [exim] Re: Multi-line 5xx response (at DATA time)

Autor: Heiko Schlichting
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re: Multi-line 5xx response (at DATA time)
Philip Hazel wrote:
> I thought there was a change or a request for no splitting, but I must
> have been dreaming, because I can't find anything. It would be esy
> enough to have an option, of course.

You implemented

    control = no_multiline_response

for ACLs due to my request. Unfortunately this option truncates much too
early (75 bytes). It would be more useful to concat the whole respone and
truncate only if it reaches the 512 bytes limit of RFC 2821.

Outlook and/or Outlook Express still has massive problems with multiline
unbelievable but was able to reproduce it recently.

Heiko

Heiko Schlichting        | Freie Universität Berlin
heiko@???       | Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung (ZEDAT)
Telefon +49 30 838-54327 | Fabeckstraße 32
Telefax +49 30 838454327 | 14195 Berlin