Re: [exim] DNSBLs

Author: Drav Sloan
To: Marc Sherman
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [exim] DNSBLs
Marc Sherman wrote:
> >As one of the admins of the mail services at UK Tiscali, I've pushed
> >for a lot more active stance by the company on spam (especially as
> >large percentage of the mail from our webmail service is 419 spam/euro
> >lotto fraud). I personally loathe the fact we send so much crud
> >to the internet as a whole.
>
> Wow. It takes a lot of guts to admit you work for Tiscali on this list.
> Good luck with management. :)

It's not a fun situation. I've prooven we have an issue, identified
the source of the problem, suggested fixes and generally tried my
best to remedy the situtation. However getting action out of the
board is a continual uphill struggle, where I am preatty much
powerless to do anything about it. The board is where these sort
of decisions are made - we as a technical department are not allowed
to think on our own.

I appologise for the 'token' attitude of our company, but I can assure
you it's not for lack of trying on my behlaf to remedy this ridiculous
state of spam we presently allow through our services.

Regards

D.