Re: [exim] Are we being harsh

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: 'Exim-users'
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Are we being harsh
Ron McKeating wrote:

> The user says they have no trouble sending to other sites, we say they
> should set their server up with a proper hello name.
>
> Are we being too harsh ?

AWGTHTGTTA?

They RFCs say, you must not reject a connection based on the HELO data,
but they also say (said) that the sender must give correct HELO data.

In the end it's you own decision. As you see, you are unreachable by
some legitimate senders. OTOH, you may block some viruses and spam with
this. It's up to you what is more important to you.

(And I can not resist to tell my opinion: It's useless. Set up a
spamfilter and virus scanner and you will have a much better solution.
No need to be picky about unimportant things.)