Re: [exim] Mark messages as read

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Sherman
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Mark messages as read
On Di, 29.03.2005, 16:13, Michael F. Sprague sagte:

>> I imagine that is 100% dependent on the mailstore you are using.
>> For example I know that Cyrus and Courier IMAP packages use
>> different methods to mark a message as read. Then there are the
>> different MUAs that access the messages either in mbox or maildir
>> format.

Is this really an IMAP-implementation specific thing? I thought that
marking messages as read was just a property of the storage format --
ie: mbox, maildir, etc. For example, in maildir, if the info section at
the end of the filename (after ":2,") contains the S flag, the message
is marked read. Similarly for mbox, the "Status: RO" header is added to
read messages.

Since Exim implements the various storage formats, it could conceivably
allow a way to mark a message as read in the transport as the message is
delivered. I'm pretty sure it doesn't, currently, though.

I'd like to see that on the wishlist, myself.

- Marc